Are you ready to directly impact the lifesaving of thousands of animals, work with a mission-driven team in a state-of-the-art facility, and know you’re making a difference every day? Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League is hiring for our Director of Shelter Medical Services position. We’re looking for a highly skilled, licensed DVM with strong organizational and leadership skills, and demonstrated experience in a shelter medicine environment.
The Director of Shelter Medical Services is responsible for working alongside the Chief Operating Officer in providing guidance and leadership to department staff and veterinarians as well as assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine within the shelter. The Director of Shelter Medical Services will act as lead shelter veterinarian and provide direct oversight to shelter medical operations and staffing. At the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Shelter Medical Services may also provide oversight to all other aspects of the Medical Services department, including Wellness Clinic and Surgery and may act as a proxy to provide decision-making across the Medical Services department in conjunction with or in the absence of the Director of Veterinary Center Services.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Are you ready to join Team Peggy? We look forward to learning more about your skills and experience!
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION Resume and cover letter are required.
Job Position Requirements:
- Must have Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of five (5) years hospital or shelter supervisory experience.
- Ability to lead and direct professional veterinary staff.
- Supports the Animal Rescue League’s mission, policies, and practices.
- Currently Licensed by Florida Department of Professional Regulations to practice Veterinary Medicine and Surgery.
- Minimum of three (3) years shelter medicine and epidemiology.
- Minimum of (3) years High Quality High Volume Spay/Neuter experience required.
- Currently USDA accredited veterinarian.
- Current DEA license.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with managers, directors, staff, and volunteers to accomplish daily tasks as well as strategic plans and contribute effectively as part of a team.
- Affection for animals, concern for their welfare, and an ability to handle the physical and emotional aspect of work in an animal shelter environment, including euthanasia.
- Working knowledge of Chameleon shelter database preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Willing to stay at the shelter during a hurricane or other disaster.
- Willing to work weekends.
Application Contact Information:
Lawrence Nicolas, Chief Operating Officer
(561) 472-8851 – phone