Are you ready to directly impact the lifesaving of thousands of animals, work with a mission-driven team in a state-of-the-art facility, and know you’re making a difference every day? Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League is hiring for our Center for Veterinary Care Practice Manager position. We’re looking for an individual with proven experience in veterinary practice management and veterinary surgery, preferably in a shelter setting; as well as strong organizational and leadership skills, who is eager to lead a team in a fast-paced environment.
The Center for Veterinary Care Practice Manager oversees all operations of the Veterinary Center, including programs, staffing, and volunteers working within the department. This department provides services to the public including but not limited to high quality, high volume spay and neuter, trap-neuter-vaccinate return for community cats, wellness clinic services, and end of life services. This position is responsible for achieving League goals and meeting financial responsibilities.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Are you ready to join Team Peggy? We look forward to learning more about your skills and experience!
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION Resume and cover letter are required.
Job Position Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years as a practice manager or similar experience, overseeing ten or more employees.
- Must have 3-5 years in veterinary reception or similar experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of veterinary surgical experience.
- Familiarity with American Animal Hospital Association guidelines.
- Must have the ability to navigate challenging client service issues tactfully, while representing Peggy Adams.
- Must possess a robust understanding of medical and veterinary language and verbiage, and an ability to communicate this language to individuals who do not.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with managers, staff, and volunteers to accomplish daily tasks as well as strategic plans and contribute effectively as part of a team.
- Affection for animals, concern for their welfare, and an ability to handle the physical and emotional aspect of work in an animal shelter environment, including euthanasia.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of animal shelter operations and best practices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Working knowledge of Chameleon shelter database preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Willing to stay at the shelter during a hurricane or other disaster.
- Must possess a willingness to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Must have knowledge of animal care, sheltering, and behavior.
- Must possess a high-level ability to multi-task, organize and perform detailed tasks efficiently and with accuracy.
- Must be able to present cohesive and detailed reports both orally and/or written to Management Team.
- Must provide Director of Medical Services with daily, weekly, and monthly updates.
Application Contact Information:
Dr. Beth Keser, Director of Medical Services
(561) 472-8577 – phone