The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for overseeing activities of a statewide animal welfare membership organization with a focus on event facilitation, organizational marketing, board administration and membership support. This position reports to the President of the Board of Directors.
The Administrative Coordinator must possess strong organizational skills, superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently. Preferred attributes include a working knowledge of non-profit administration, experience in event planning/facilitation and demonstrated success with sponsor cultivation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support FAAWO Board of Directors through meeting facilitation and administration (agendas, minutes, logistics, etc.).
- Facilitation of FAAWO hosted training seminars and events
- Responsible for recruiting and scheduling professionals for training seminars and events
- Responsible for procuring sponsorships and donors
- Creation and oversight of all marketing materials, media outreach and social media content in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Update the FAAWO website as directed by the Board of Directors
- Provide ongoing membership support including processing new memberships and renewals
- Responsible for financial record keeping including; bank deposits, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger.
- Attend quarterly Board of Director meetings and additional training, travel within the state of Florida necessary
Qualifications and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Animal welfare experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and web-based applications
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Good communication skills
- Superior problem solving skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strategic thinker
- People-management skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
This is a 1099, one year, contracted position with potential to become a permanent position.
This is a remote position, working 5-10 hours per week. Compensation starting at $20.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org