Here at SPCA Florida, our strength is our staff. We know that caring for animals is more than just a job, it's our passion. We have a team of dedicated, innovative, and compassionate people who work tirelessly to care for every animal that comes into our shelter. We work together every day to make a difference in the lives of animals. Animal care attendants are responsible for the overall care of all the animals within our shelter by providing food, water, and a clean environment. Job duties include but not limited to the daily cleaning of animal areas, feeding, monitoring animal health, and assisting the public with general information and adoptions. Must be compassionate and have a positive attitude. Must have customer service skills and act as a spokesperson for the organization to promote our purpose and our programs to the general public.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in an animal shelter, kennel, or related field preferred.
- Position often requires lifting and carrying materials up to 40 lbs.
- Individual must have the ability to handle heavy and fast-paced workload.
- Basic knowledge of proper methods of animal restraint and animal behavior.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with the public, fellow employees, and volunteers.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people.
SPCA Florida offers competitive wages, benefits, a 403(b) plan, paid time off, and six (6) paid holidays. Starting pay is $9.00 to 10.50 depending on experience.
We are converting to a nonsmoking facility, so all applicants must be nonsmokers, have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance. If you are looking for a career in animal welfare and want to make a difference, we want you!
Please submit resume with cover letter if this is you to www.spcaflorida.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Place. Background checks and drug testing are required.
Thank you so much for your help. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Jo Hendon, Director of HR and Grant Development