Job Purpose: Provide care for animals,maintain cleanliness of kennels and support the adoption process.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Guide adopters through the adoption process onsite and offsite including:
- Advise as to types of animals available.
- Meet and greet between animal and customer.
- Dog to dog introductions.
- Preparation and review of adoption contract.
- Review Medical records and general animal husbandry.
- Respond to adoptions line, voice mail and email inquiries.
- Assist with Homeward Bound Gift Shop cleaning, restocking, pricing, and customer service.
- Provide friendly, responsive and personalized customer service..
- Care for animals by feeding, watering, and maintaining clean and sanitary conditions according to assigned daily work schedule.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned kennel as stated in standard operating procedures.
- Keeps supplies stocked daily.
- Observe animals for possible problems and report problems to the medical department.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for the animals and the public at all times.
- Reports any damaged equipment or need for repair to maintenance.
- Keep accurate and updated records and enter data as required into appropriate shelter software.
- Supervise volunteers
- Assist and/or perform euthanasia in a humane and proper fashion, when necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Participate in required meetings and trainings.
- Professionally represent SPCA Tampa Bay at all times.
- As assigned, place, schedule, track and secure all required paperwork, for community service volunteers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Proficient in spelling, arithmetic.
- One to two years of part-time or full-time general work experience preferred.
- Volunteer service in a shelter or similar facility preferred.
- Six months animal handling experience preferred.
Licensure or Certification:
- Valid Florida driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Euthanasia certification within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to provide excellent service and care for customers and animals.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to successfully handle both routine and difficult public contacts, with strong conflict resolution skills in a high stress environment.
- Ability to operate computer, printer, copier, telephone, fax machine and smartphone.
- Ability to show compassion for animals and their owners.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff.
- Genuine concern for all animals and their welfare.
- Knowledge of animal communications.
- Knowledge of humane methods of care, restraint, and handling of animals.
- Working knowledge of applicable OSHA and DEA standards and requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – specifically Word, Excel, Power Point, Email and Calendar.
- Working knowledge of Pet Point shelter software.
- Working knowledge of standards and practices applicable to animal medical records.
To apply, visit https://spcatampabay.org/careers/
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Activities require the handling and transporting of SPCA pets of all sizes.
- Carrying, pushing and/or pulling.
- Exposure to animal feces, dust bites and potential for scratches and bites.
- Facility operations include areas of high noise levels.
- Moderate physical effort – regularly lifting or moving up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- Stooping, kneeling, bending and crouching.
- Walking and prolonged standing.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass required background checks.