About The Organization:
SPCA Florida was founded in 1979 and is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to promoting and protecting the health, safety, and welfare of animals. The organization operates an animal shelter with a 4,300 intake and 97% live release rate along with a full service, state-of-the-art medical hospital which includes 7 veterinarians and 25 vet techs. We also have a Philanthropy Department which raises $1.2MM annually.
Our campus is located in beautiful Lakeland, Florida and primarily serves the 600,000 partners in other shelters and rescues throughout the Florida region. Our annual operating budget of $6M includes 86 employees along with 700+ volunteers. Please visit us at: www.spcaflorida.org to learn more about our organization.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of SPCA Florida as well as upholding the organization's mission, vision, and values. The Executive Director will work collaboratively with the organization's Board of Directors, existing Executive Team, and staff in establishing strategies, objectives, and implementation efforts that will ensure the short and long-term goals of the organization are realized.
Other key duties include fundraising, community outreach and engagement. The Executive Director will be the organization's visible spokesperson and will have a unique opportunity to positively influence the community when it comes to educating and supporting the organization.
Knowledge and Expertise:
The successful candidate must possess a demonstrated knowledge of organizational and financial procedures for nonprofit agencies; a creative and dynamic approach to fundraising opportunities; demonstrated skills in human resource management and strong leadership abilities. Proven track record in fund development for a nonprofit organization, including annual funds, donor drives, planned giving and restricted gifts. Prior experience in developing and maintaining a strong culture of openness, integrity, and employee engagement.
Must be able to meet and deal with the public and public officials in a tactful and diplomatic manner. Must have experience in performance management and professional development of multi-disciplinary staff members including Directors, Managers, hourly employees, as well as management of and collaboration with a Board of Directors and Committee members in their organizational functions
Required experience and education:
- Leadership: 10 years
- Extensive experience working with Boards
- Bachelor's degree with at least 5-7 years solid management experience with passion for/experience with animal care or a related area; Masters’ preferred
- Nonprofit organization experience preferred but not required,
- Honesty, integrity, ability to garner respect and be approachable are required.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to positively motivate and develop staff, Board, and volunteers and build consensus.
- Visionary and innovative thinker.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all sectors of the community, the Board of Directors and staff.
Apply on-line at: www.spcaflorida.org/employment