Are you looking for a position where you can utilize your skills and indulge your passion for working with animals? Then come join us and our pet health care professionals where you’ll have the chance to advocate for pets, educate clients on all aspects of pet health, and have the opportunity to participate in community events whose goal is to help spread the word and mission of SPCA Florida.
We are actively seeking experienced full and part time veterinary assistants/technicians for our state-of-the art medical center. Our state-of-the-art equipment includes digital radiology, a full service in-house IDEXX lab, laser therapy, ultrasonography, and digital dental radiology just to name a few. Candidates must have the following to qualify for our interview process:
- Preferred: Graduate from AVMA accredited program AND/OR 2-3 years' experience as a veterinary assistant.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (including Saturdays and Sundays). We are open 7 days a week; schedules (4 10s) will be as needed to facilitate business needs/hours. Some overtime on occasion.
- Familiarity with Avimark a plus.
- Candidates must be eager to learn, show initiative, possess great customer service skills, have an understanding of vaccine and product protocols, knowledge of pet insurance, and able to work in a very fast paced environment with minor supervision.
- CVA must be attained within 8 months of hire, if candidate is not a CVT.
We offer competitive wages, benefits, and discounts on veterinary services and products (for your pet) along with a 403(b), PTO, and 6 (six) paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We are an EOE and DFWP; background checks conducted.